About Hotel Employers Mutual
Hotel Employers Mutual (HEM) is a trading entity of Hospitality Employers Mutual Limited, which is a joint venture partnership between Employers Mutual Limited (EML), ClubsNSW and the Australian Hotel Association NSW (AHA NSW).
Hospitality Employers Mutual is an industry specific specialised worker compensation insurer licenced by APRA & SIRA providing workers compensation insurance to the NSW hospitality industry.
As the specialist insurer for the hospitality industry HEM is able to offer workers compensation insurance to the vast majority of employers within the Workers Compensation Industry Classifications (WICs): Accommodation plus Pubs, Taverns and Bars.
HEM has been set up for the mutual benefit of its policyholders. The company will accumulate and invest surplus funds to benefit policyholders in the form of education and training, support systems and other services as deemed appropriate.
Employers Mutual has been operating as a workers compensation insurer in NSW since 1910. For more details on Employers Mutual, please visit the EML website.
Whilst the Australian Hotels Association NSW can trace its origins back to 1873 and is the leading political lobby group seeking change for the benefit of the hotel industry.
To be the leading provider of workers compensation solutions to the hospitality industry.
- To improve the quality of life for employees in the industry by achieving the best return to work outcomes for injured workers
- To reduce costs for the industry through outcome focused workers compensation solutions
- To support the industry by providing education, resources and improved systems
- Rod Geer, CEO
- Sasha Saviane, Divisional Manager Hospitality Claims
- Marilyn Jukes, Manager Hospitality Risk
Board of Directors
- Graeme Adams – Chair
- Bill O’Reilly – Independent
- Andrew Grant – Independent
- Lucy Flemming – Independent
- Cameron McCullagh – EML
- Peter Crawford – AHA (NSW)
- Anthony Ball – Clubs NSW
In 2015, Hospitality Employers Mutual published an Annual Review of Operations.
Click here to read the 2015 Annual Review
To request a printed copy of the Annual Review please email email@example.com